Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Vishal Chourasia: Success GATEway

VISHAL CHOURASIA
ADMITTANCE:  IIT KANPUR
Discipline and regularity played a key role in my preparation

This was my first attempt, I always wanted to pursue higher education and to get a decent job, that was my only motivation for GATE. I wish to pursue M.Tech. from the best institution, preferably from an IIT. I ended up securing AIR 428, GATE 2018.

While in my 4th year, there was a presentation held in my college, about the perks of cracking GATE and how to crack it. Since the content taught in my college was not good enough to crack GATE therefore I decided to join classroom program of any GATE coaching.

Success Gateway is the institute which I decided to go, for a couple of reasons; each batch consist of 30-40 students thus I can clear my doubts there and then, if still I had doubts they used to sit with me until all doubts get resolved, comparable fees, and since the institute is near to our college so it will save lot of travelling time.

I believe joining Success Gateway was the best decision I made in regards to my preparation, content taught was top-notch, I didn’t have to study anything else, Vinod Sir and Sachin Sir gave their best to helped me to understand the concepts, they motivated me to get back on track if got distracted.

My preparation strategy, as suggested by instructors, was to keep revising notes, and solve all the previous year GATE questions including SG booklets thoroughly, understanding keen points on which questions asked in actual GATE exam, regular tests conducted at institute challenged the concepts I learnt in the class.

Since I knew that my B.Tech. exams would collide with my GATE preparation, I used to go to coaching regularly, after coming from coaching my preference was to revise content taught on same day, and before going for next class I quickly take a glance over the content of previous lectures, and if could had any doubts while revision, tried to asked in the very next lecture.

After university exam, in the month of January, I started my preparation with full focus on GATE, I used to study from 10AM to 12AM, with minor breaks for meals etc. I used to study with my partner, Dhawal, without whom I could not have had showed such a discipline for studying 10 hours a day, I am very thankful for him. Discipline and regularity played a key role in my preparation.

Key step in my strategy was that I used to study subjects in cyclic order i.e.  A subject studied on January 1st will be revised on 4th, and subject studied on Jan 2nd will be on 5th, by continuing same strategy for entire month, I had revised the entire syllabus approx. eight times, which boosted my level of preparation and confidence, on top of that we used to have full length test on every third day which helped me to finalize the strategy for actual GATE exam.

The only advice I can give from my end is to work on fundamental concepts, challenge your concepts by asking questions, and clear your doubts. Practice decent amount of previous year questions to understand the difficulty level of the exam. I wish all the future GATE Aspirants very good luck for their preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...