Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Ajay Singh: Success GATEway


AJAY SINGH

ADMITTANCE:  IIT KANPUR
        During the preparation and course I always found them standing right next to me and encouraging me to challenge my own limits

Let me walk you through my journey to IIT Kanpur. “It all started with a dream - The TCS”. It's the very beginning of my BTECH final year when everyone started preparing for placements. Just a few days before the TCS drive I received a mail from placement cell “A course from IIT folks on placement preparation” on very nominal price. Though fate was lenient to me but my "confidence" directed my course towards bumps. The mail caught all of my attention with the tag "IIT". Being aware of my own flaws I opted for the course to seek ways of exonerating myself. Talking of the time we were highly motivated to “3.2 lpa” or you can say bound to this. I got rejected in the very first round of TCS and followed by many more. Finally I got placed at InfoEdge. 


These “IIT folks” are from “Success Gateway”, filled with agog and confidence that I have merely seen. Their presence in my life was not just to offer the crash course on “GATE-CSE” but also to steer my personality on a decent path. I was impressed by the way they explain things and clear doubts in person. I decided to join the crash course with the aim that even if I won’t get a selection I will have good knowledge of my core subjects. It was beneficial as I wanted to clear my stains that were present since the initial days at ABES. 
   
 I personally feel that we do not explore the opportunities in front of us. It has always been the case that aspiring students are satisfied with the placements. My suggestion would be that “always look for the opportunities, as there are many roads that will coincide with yours” This optimistic philosophy had been much solace to me in my journey. 

Time flew and the crash course went well, we covered almost all the topics in class. As I don’t have much time to practice problems I just followed the notes for the exam. I usually follow a different strategy for attempting the paper but that day I was at war with myself in choosing the one out of two strategies and ended up with the one which I never used. This went totally against me. My suggestion to you guy's - “never change your plans based on the last minute fluctuations in thinking for the exam”.

After that I decided to give one more attempt for the GATE Exam. I just followed Sachin Sir and Vinod Sir in every aspect during the preparation. They are well disposed and always on their toes for their student. During the preparation and course I always found them standing right next to me and encouraging me to challenge my own limits. 

Preparation Strategy: I used to discuss this with almost all the folks whomsoever I found relatable. I used to pick the ones which are going to help me better. So my suggestion is, not to follow someone else's strategy blindly. Discuss with your peers and design one for yourself. Still some basics points I used to focus on that I don’t leave any subject for too long else lots of rework is required. If you don’t have enough time for solving problems at least revise the notes. If you lack here selection chances are pretty slim.

There were times when I found myself drowning, but I always used to go with the flow. I needed lot of support in this situation, which Sachin Sir and Vinod Sir always provided me. Vinod Sir says “Paper k liye confidence aisa hona chahiye ki Agar tumahara selection nii hoga to kisika ni hoga”. These motivated words are still engraved in my mind. Just work hard for the attainment of such confidence and you will see eventually everything falling in place. During this course of time I had lots of experiences and fun, followed by much more at IIT’s with continuous sleepless nights.

I got AIR 652 in GATE-17 and after which I received a call from IITK for a written test. That test went just like Vinod sir said and this changed my life completely. On 1 Dec’18 I was giving an interview for base packages of 16-25 LPA. Comparing the one which I applied in my final year of CTC 1.8 LPA and got rejected. Things will change, you have to be patient and work hard. Previously I retained the impression that I was somehow less than other aspirants but my days with "Success Gateway" assisted me to change it completely. 

I was placed in Myntra Design as Software Developer with CTC - 27.0 LPA. I have completed my master’s from IIT Kanpur in Computer Science and bachelor’s from ABES Engineering College. 

Many a times I had fallen into the seemingly abyss of despair but I am thankful to both my mentors for helping me fight against my mirror. The journey to success was not easy but the experience and learning in Success Gateway is prized. I can never thank you enough for making my life and career worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...