Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Naveen Gupta: Success GATEway

NAVEEN GUPTA

ADMITTANCE:  IIT ROORKEE

I remember how Sachin/Vinod sir called us in the evening and motivated us by giving the dozes which really helped. On the day of the exam, they even came to our exam center to wish us and give the final doze.

Talking about my GATE journey, initially when I started my undergrad, I didn't have any such plan for GATE. Till the fifth semester, I enjoyed full college life, fun with friends, assignments, so many lectures, lectures bunk, learning from seniors, taking part in events, organizing events, everything which we all do in engineering.

Being a part of the technical club of CSE Department, I have been in touch with many seniors who have good expertise in various fields. So after the fifth semester exams got over, I had interacted with seniors who are already preparing for GATE and placements. From one of the seniors, I got to know about Success GATEway classes to prepare for GATE. Then I made up my mind and went there for the demo classes. After talking with faculties Sachin and Vinod sir, I just finalized to start the GATE preparation. In the sixth-semester starting, I joined the classes which only ran on weekends at that time, as college was open. We covered 3-4 subjects of GATE, these subjects include networks, compiler design, C programming, etc till the end of the sixth semester, which also helped me in my university exams. In the vacation time, we started our placement preparation in the coaching as they cover the same subjects during that time. During the college placements, I got selected for a full-time offer in MNC, so that was a happy moment as it was the first placement offer that I had received. After some days of break, we continued the coaching classes and covered the remaining subjects and started giving test series.

A great thing about faculties over there is that they always motivate students to keep going and work hard. These classes helped me understand the concepts clearly and in an easy way as they relate the concepts with the real scenario. In the last 2-3 months, we have done revision, discussion and taken online/offline tests. We were advised not to give any test 10 days before the exam, just do the summary revision. Those days I remember how Sachin/Vinod sir called us in the evening and motivated us by giving the dozes which really helped. On the day of the exam, they even came to our exam center to wish us and give the final doze. When results were declared and after a long counselling process, finally I got admission in IIT Roorkee, that’s really a great moment for me. 
IIT life: Those were the most precious two years of my life as it was full of opportunities and learning. I have availed most of the facilities provided by the institute sports indoor/outdoor, swimming, etc. One thing about IIT is that we need to really put our best efforts to grab the good CGPA, so it was a little bit challenging also. We were given the good quality projects to complete within the deadline and that keeps pushing us to spend more time. Then comes the placement season in IIT which was very much different from what I had seen in my undergrad. All final year students put their best efforts to grab the good placement offer, we had spent many hours including nights also for the preparation. During the placement season in IIT, I grabbed the offer in a good company as a Software Engineer. 
There were many ups and downs in this journey, putting continuous efforts and believing in me was the final key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...