Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Shraddha Gupta: Success GATEway

SHRADDHA GUPTA 

ADMITTANCE: IIIT DELHI

After hearing them my inclination towards M.Tech changed into determination



I was always inclined towards M.Tech while I was in my undergraduate college, but lacked focus, guidance and the spirit to achieve my goal. In my college I studied just with the purpose to get decent percentage, I did secured good percentage but my concepts were not at all good. When I was in third year of B.Tech I heard about Success GATEway from a senior, later that week Sachin sir and Vinod sir came to out college to tell us about the same. After hearing them my inclination towards M.Tech changed into determination. After learning from both the teacher I actually understood the concepts and the essence of the subjects. Their way of teaching and unique approach towards all the topics made subjects lot more interesting and studies effortless.

The open discussion on all the topics helped me to understand the topic in lot more detail and depth. Both sir made sure that each student understood all the topics. Both the teachers were always ready to clear the doubts, discuss new topics and approaches not only in the class but also after the class and on calls too. GATE questions of each topic were also discussed in the class. The practice booklets were provided by the coaching which contained all the previous year’s GATE questions, questions of other competitive exams and non-GATE questions too. While I was in fourth year, the college placement drive started. I cleared  aptitude and Technical rounds of almost all the companies but due to some reason or the other was never able to make up to the final selection list which not only caused demotivation but also brought my GATE preparation off track. I talked about this to both the teachers; they not only made me realize the bigger thing I was aiming for but also made me more confident and focused towards my dream.  

During December both the teachers took extra classes to clear the doubts of all the students and left no stone unturned. In January mock tests started, which gave us pretty good idea about the pattern of the exam and the technique to attempt the exam, the level of the question paper was always set slightly higher than the actual GATE level. All this while both the teachers were always in touch and just a call away, they personally kept check on the performance of the students and guided us. Despite of working hard I was not also to score desired or expected marks.

I was so much determined towards my goal that I decided to give it another chance and I started my preparation once again with much more enthusiasm. There were regular tests in the coaching to check my preparation level. I studied the concepts in much more detail. I practiced more questions than previous year and discussed more topics with both the teachers. Sachin sir and Vinod sir guided me that how can I reduce my errors to minimum and which all the topics I need to focus upon more. I improved myself by following their advises and appeared for GATE exam and finally got selected in IIIT Delhi. 
                
If you have even the slightest interest in studying the actual concepts of your technical field, then without any doubt aim big and go for GATE and if you get the guidance of such hard working teachers then things get much easier and  smoother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...