Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Shriyansh Raj Mishra: Success GATEway

SHRIYANSH RAJ MISHRA
ADMITTANCE:  IIT KANPUR

They have been a constant source of motivation. This whole journey from placement preparation to IIT Kanpur

Thankyou sir, aap log na hote to is ID (srajm@iitk.ac.in) se mail na bhej paata.

As every other student in a private engineering college with the beginning of final year, came the daunting task of placement preparation. I was as clueless as one can be about what and how to prepare for a technical interview. Desperate as I was for a solution, I came to know about placement preparation classes by Success Gateway from my batch mates and thought to give it a try. So I went for a trial class, and the first class was for C language taken by Sachin sir and that blew me away. Never in my 3 years of B.Tech I had that clarity about C and its concepts. Even the frightening topics like pointers seemed to be easy and straightforward. And I decided I will join the placement preparation batch.

It was at Success Gateway that I came to know about GATE exam, what it is and what new opportunities it can open for me. I was halfway through my placement preparation classes and decided to give it a try. In my first attempt in B.Tech final year I secured AIR 1231. I wasn't disappointed as I started my preparation late and couldn't cover subjects like Computer Network, Computer Organization and Compiler. I decided to give another try, so I took a drop and prepared full time and ended up securing AIR 190, GATE 2018.

As per my experience at Success Gateway, the perks were small batch size, thorough topic discussion and problem solving sessions and one-to-one doubt clearing with the teachers. The teachers actually cared about clearing students' doubt. Smaller batches meant more interactive classes and opportunity to clear any doubt during the class and not piling it up for future, which isn't possible in a class of hundreds. Thorough discussions of topics and previous-year questions not only helped in better understanding of the concept, they also came helpful in later stages like interviews and written tests conducted by IITs after GATE exam. The content taught was of top-notch quality. It was concise without missing anything crucial to the exam. Workbooks and regular tests ensured that we cover previous year questions as well as conceptually challenging questions. Other benefits were monetary, the reasonable fees and close proximity to my hostel (it saved both time and money).

Apart from the theoretical knowledge, I would thank both Vinod Sir and Sachin Sir for their guidance. And I believe every student would agree to the same. From preparation to actual day of the exam, they support the students on every step. They analyze the performance of every individual and coach him/her accordingly. How to prepare, how to perform in tests, how to revise, how to tackle the exam, any issue one might have as a student, they are ready to help. For me, throughout my preparation they have been a constant source of motivation. This whole journey from placement preparation to IIT Kanpur wouldn't have been possible without Success Gateway. I believe joining Success Gateway was the best decision I made.

My preparation strategy, as suggested by teachers, was to keep revising notes, solving previous year GATE questions thoroughly, taking regular mock tests and understanding key points on which questions were made. Regular tests conducted at Success Gateway helped me evaluate my preparation, identify my weak and strong areas and prepared me for actual exam day.

My advice for future aspirants would be to go for quality rather than quantity. There's no point in solving all the questions ever asked in the exam or covering every topic ever asked without understanding the concept behind them. Work on fundamental concepts, solve a lot of questions, try mapping new questions to one you've already solved, challenge your concepts by asking questions and most important: clear your doubts. Give lots of mock tests, as they give you the real feel of performing with the clock ticking. I wish all the future GATE Aspirants good luck for their preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...