Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - A journey from ABES-EC to Goldman Sachs(CTC-33.0 LPA)


MANISH PANWAR
ADMITTANCE:  IIT Kanpur

A journey from tier-3 college to Goldman Sachs, Success GATEway is one of the best things that happened to me

I heard about Success GATEway from a friend when I was in the final year of my B.Tech (CSE). They were providing a free crash course for GATE. Since it was free, I also joined that with my friends (like they say "Gyan bat Raha h Bator lo”). But in that 1 month, I experienced the best teaching of my life, in fact, I didn't know studying could be that interesting. With whatever knowledge I gained in that month, I gave GATE, though I got well above qualifying marks but wasn't able to get a decent rank to get into a good college. Still, that knowledge helped me crack many interviews with ease.

After graduation I was confused about whether to take a drop or not, I talked to my family, both Sachin and Vinod Sir and decided to prepare till I get joining (since it was TCS and generally their joining is late if you don't do some ILP courses). And then my preparation started, I learned a lot in that time. Both the Sir's are amazing, they not only teach you but also motivates you throughout. I could clearly see the level of preparation they wanted us to do and I could feel the transformation in me. The way I used to tackle any problem changed or I should say improved a lot. Plus both the Sir's were always available to help us out, even at midnight, they are just a call away. One of the best thing about both of them is that they not only taught problem-solving but also gives the intuition about the problem (and I think this is very important in any exam especially like GATE) so that you can solve problems by yourself and learn on your own.

Everything was going fine until I receive my joining letter, joining date was Jan 18, 2016, and my GATE exam was on Feb 6, 2016. I was a little confused but was confident about my preparation and I mailed them that I'll not be joining as I want to go for further studies. That really was a bold decision, but when your family supports you, its easy to take them.

Long story short, I got admission in IIT Kanpur, even there wherever I face problem both the Sir was always there to help. They still are guiding me, even in the placements @IITK they were very helpful and were continuously mentoring me.

I am currently working in Goldman Sachs, Success GATEway is one of the best things that happened to me; it helped me reach where I'm today. It was a great journey that helped me learn and grow.

1 comment:

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...