Sunday, April 12, 2020

GATE Success story - Abhishek Gupta: Success GATEway


ABHISHEK GUPTA
ADMITTENCE: IIT ROORKEE
I appeared for GATE-2019 and finally achieved my long awaited dream that is IIT Roorkee

First time I got to know about the GATE exam from my cousin when I was in 2nd year.  When we were in 3rd year Success GATEway conducted a seminar regarding the GATE and its benefits.  After attending the seminar I understood one thing that if I prepare for GATE exam then at least,  I would be able acquire lot of technical knowledge which will also help in the campus placements.
My college was 25 KM away from the coaching center. I thought I should first go and check if it is the right place for preparation.  So, I went to Success Gateway to attend demo class and see what and how they are teaching. I am very impressed with their teaching. I joined the coaching from February under guidance of Sachin Sir and Vinod Sir,  First they have completed placement related subjects C, DS, Algorithms  and OS which helped me to get placed in the first company visited in the college, but due to  delay in the result, I got to know about it after two months. So, I appeared in every company so far, and it was a very hectic time, and I was lagging in my GATE preparation.
I decided to stay at college during the Diwali holidays to cover my entire syllabus for the GATE exam. Unfortunately, I got very sick during that time. So, I skipped classes and could not study. It took approx. one month to recover. I lost all hope for even qualifying for the exam. Then, I talk to Vinod Sir and Sachin Sir about this. They gave me guidance on how to tackle this. I could not implement it all but tried. After GATE 2018 exam, I went for an internship at the company in which I was placed. GATE 2018 result came on 16 March 2018, and I got only 45 marks.
I called Vinod Sir to ask what I should do since I knew that with these marks I would not get any premium institute and I was also very much desperate to study in IITs.  After explaining all the aspects he said final decision will be yours. I agreed for self-preparation with the job, I started preparing for the exam, but I could not give as much effort as required. I was consistently in touch with Vinod Sir. Meanwhile I attempted few tests on Success Gateway exam portal and I thought I am not on the right path. So, in August, I decided to quit my job and started full time preparation but also needed some guidance so after discussion with Vinod Sir he told me that no  need to join coaching, but if  you think it is necessary, you can join it's your decision, finally I joined in September. Both faculties taught subjects taking extra lectures, guided me on how to complete my course at a given time, with their guidance I was able to finish my preparation on time.
Success gateway test series helps me a lot in finding mistakes and correcting them. I skipped some tests but attempted all full-length tests. We could discuss each question with the sir any time (24*7) they are available. It helped me a lot in preparing the strategy for GATE, like time management and avoiding silly mistakes. I appeared for GATE-2019 and finally achieved my long awaited dream that is IIT Roorkee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATE Success story by AIR -29 Arpan Mangal

ARPAN MANGAL ADMITTANCE:  IISc  Trust me, I used to disturb them a lot, even for very small things. But they were always patient...